I have a very fast-paced and busy job and, if I don’t have lunch prepared, I sometimes don’t take time to eat until I get home from work. This isn’t the healthiest or best solution because it leads to hanger. To combat this problem, I take my lunch heated in an insulated food jar (this is what I use).
Once we heat the food and the jar, my lunch stays hot until lunchtime (usually around 1pm). I don’t have to worry about leaving the office to heat my lunch or going to find something to eat (that would likely be less healthy fast food).
Right now, my top five food-jar approved recipes are:
- Keto Butter Chicken with Cauliflower Rice. I have been recently introduced to Indian cuisine and have become a bit obsessed with it. This recipe travels well and is very flavorful.
- Keto Chili with Bacon I top it with guacamole, sour cream, and cheddar cheese for lunch. We have also used this chili to top bunless burgers.
- Egg Roll in a Bowl (also called Crack Slaw) This is a quick and easy meal that travels well
- Shredded Mexican Chicken with Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice (the cauliflower rice recipe is in the Keto Made Easy cookbook) or just over a sliced avocado.
- Fried Cauliflower Rice (no recipe for this one, yet, this is something we throw together so we are still working on it)
As you can see, a lot of our recipes come from KetoConnect.net. We are really just starting out (only two months in) and found their blog early in our journey; their recipes tend to be easy to follow and super tasty.