While I am a huge fan of pumpkin spice, my husband’s go-to dessert for Thanksgiving is pecan pie. Making this dessert keto friendly was much easier than expected. See below for my take on this classic southern treat.
- 1 recipe of our Pecan Shortbread Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cup whole pecans
- 1 1/4 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 1 1/4 cup Swerve confectioner’s blend (or powdered erythritol)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the pecans in the bottom of your prepared and cooled pie crust (I use the 9-inch pie plate for this).
- In a large bowl, mix the syrup, sweetener, eggs, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust over the pecans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes. The top will be golden brown and the center will be set.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Make 16 servings.
Macros in One Serving
167 calories, 4.0g protein, 14.3g fat, 36.4g total carbs, 2.3g net carbs