I’ve been off and on my keto journey (mostly off) for the past two years. I’m restarting the journey today with new purpose and new focus.
In April 2019, I left a high stress job that was taking more toll on my mental and physical health than I wanted to admit to. Since then, I have found other employment and other focus than my career.
2020 was a hard year for everyone with the pandemic and everything else that was going on. I spent most of it eating what I wanted because it felt like, at some times, that was all I could control. Because of that, I’ve gained back almost every bit of what I lost when I was living a keto lifestyle. The end of 2020 saw me focusing on skin care, beauty, and trying to be more positive about life. I feel like my stress is at a better level now and I’m ready to focus on some health and fitness goals. I also started a cooking stream with a friend across the sea. This has also helped direct my focus to keto recipes and cooking.
My goal is to continue posting recipes here and also some videos so you can see me demonstrate how I make them. Thank you for being a part of my journey.
Here’s our meal plan this week:
Breakfast and Lunch
- KetoChow for me
- Keto Coffee for the hubby
- ZipFizz (I drink one per day first thing in the morning to get essential vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes)
- Mixed flavors of peanuts from Carolina Peanut Company
- Pepperoni Slices with Cheddar and Pepper Jack Slices
- Keto Fudge
- Keto Chicken Fajita Bake (I’ll be posting this one soon)
- Keto Pot Roast (with pork) with roasted broccoli
- KetoConnect Creamy Instant Pot Chicken
- KetoConnect Butter Chicken with cauliflower rice
I won’t be tracking any macros this week. I’m working on eating intuitively and listening to what my body needs (and staying away from keto flu).